Reduced autumn price for limited time before car going to winter store.
Yearly inpection passed without issues on 17th July 2023.
The Dodge Stealth is a special breed of a Japanese 90s Sportscar. Technically a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, but as a product of the Chrysler/Mitsubishi cooperation in the 90's, the bodywork was designed by Chrysler. This resulted in a by many seen as a timeless and more exciting appearance, that even to this date looks modern.
This car here is probably one of the best examples in Europe of a restored and modernized 1st gen Dodge Stealth R/T TwinTurbo. (1992 model year, registered in 1994).
Owned for the last 10 years, the car has during the last 6 years undergone extensive work (>45k€) to restore and bring it up to par with the Sportscar performance norms of today, however still maintaining the original 90's look and feel .
Work has been done by Finland's best commercial 3S shop, ST-Services.
With the current moderate E85/Flexfuel tune the car has 430hp@5700rpm, 625nm@4400rpm @ 1,3bar(19psi),E85 (75%). Tune has been done on an Eurospec DynoDynamics, which generally is seen to be measuring 12-17% too low figures. Thus 430hp can be seen more as being comparable to AWHP.
Car has been inspected and registered with bigger turbos, intercoolers and E85/flexfuel modifications, and subsequent higher horsepower rating, and is thus 100% road legal.
There is 131kmiles on the odometer, but the engine has been totally rebuilt @119kmiles, and after this driven only 13kmiles, or 21t km.
RESTORATION & UPGRADES
The mods and upgrades have been designed to have the car as a daily driver, the feel on the road is very modern, drivability is excellent, and high speed corners feel totally planted, due to AWD, active suspension, stiffer sway bars and LSD's on both axles. Power and torque comes on already at lower rpm's (1.0 bar boost @ <3000rpm), providing a wide rpm range up to 7200 to play with at excellent throttle response.
For the car enthusiast, included in the sale is also the original Press release package of the introduction of the Stealth, with b/w press photos, plus the original sales brochure in color of the car from the 90's.
A more comprehensive list and detaills of the restoration and upgrades of when and what has been done is naturally available upon request.
Below the most essential ones.
- Engine completely rebuilt with forged internals to handle 800hp, @119Kmiles, @ST-Services
- E85/flexfuel changes and tune @ST-Services & @Sporttiauto, 430hv/625nm @ 1,3bar. @128KMiles
- Link 4GX Evo3/3000GT plug in ECU with OBD2 & USB for monitoring, logging and tuning
- 2 x TD-04 15G Billet Turbos, Bosch EV14-1000cc-L11 injectors, @128kmiles
- Denso IK24 Iridium plugs, NGK leads, HKS DLI
- Ported Heads @ST-Services
- HKS Intercoolers & Silicone/RST piping
- Tanabe Medallion RST cat-back, RT free-flow Cat, 3SX/OBD Pre-cat pipes & Downpipe.
- Drivetrain completely renewed and strengthened to handle over 800nm torque, ua Spec Stage 3+ clutch, PST Aluminum/Steel driveshaft, and totally restored & strenghtened Gearbox @Jacks Transmissions with 300M OS, MP Stage 2 Transfer case bracket.
- LSD's on both axles.(Quaife/Mitsubishi)
- Stiffer sway bars (Addco), adjustable control-arms (Volk MC)
- Both subframes restored + All bushings and joints replaced
- Original Active suspension works, ECS unit restored.
- Steering rack factory rebuilt @ United Powersteering
- All wheel bearings renewed.
- 2nd Gen 4-piston brake calipers front / 2-piston rears; "Stealth" design @ST-Services, StopTech slotted 314/296mm discs.
- New Goodyear Supersport 245/40/R18 tires.
- 2-tone charcoal/red leather, with "Stealth" logos, Side-cards, center console, gear knob and boot, handbrake, steering wheel, Floor-mats with "Stealth-TwinTurbo" logos,"Stealth" Door sills.
- Oil change in Engine and driveline yearly, regardless of driven km's, (Engine - Motul 5w50 Xcess, Ester core, Driveline - Red Line). Most recently 10/5/23.
CONCLUSION & OPPORTUNITY
This car is naturally best appreciated and enjoyed by a 90's sports car enthusiast that still wants to keep up with today's performance standards, and enjoy the car daily, not only on the occasional odd weekends.
According to Hagerty's classic cars price evaluations, this somewhat forgotten Japanese sports car in American disguise has during the last year picked up over 40% in price, and can only be expected to continue upwards.
Car is located in Helsinki, Finland where a test drive can be arranged, for a serious and sincere buyer, as a step in the negotiation process for finalizing the deal.